Ketchup can be easily made at home. This one ketchup is made with fresh tomatoes, sugar, onion, and fennel. You just need to cool it down well until it thickens.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8-10 big fresh tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 bulb fennel, chopped
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
How to make Ketchup:
- Heat a big saucepan and add tomatoes, fennel, garlic, sugar, onion, molasses, vinegar, and cloves.
- Mix very well and adjust to salt.
- Stir continuously over low heat until mixture becomes thick.
- Allow the mixture cools down and then put it in a blender.
- Make a puree of the tomato mixture and strain through the sieve.
- Chill and store this homemade ketchup in the refrigerator
Stay Tuned on Saints and Sinners for more tasty recipes.